Campus Presentation

An advanced University in an international city that represents a meeting point for different cultures in Europe.

Gorizia has always been a strategic point where various European cultures meet, and for this reason the Gorizia Center of the University of Udine is highly competent in offering programs that are specialized in an international context in sectors that combine art, technology, tradition and innovation.
The Consortium for development of the Gorizia Campus, the City, the Province, the Carigo Foundation and the Chamber of Commerce have all given their contribution to the University of Udine in order to offer undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect the cosmopolitan vocation of the city. The University in Gorizia is positioned in four prestigious buildings in the city center:
Polo Santa Chiara
Palazzo Alvarez
Palazzo del Cinema
Casa Lenassi

Polo Santa Chiara

Santa Chiara, Polo Goriziano The Santa Chiara building is home to the educational activities for the undergraduate and graduate courses provided at the Cego. The Library of Humanities and Education of the University of Udine and the Music Laboratories are also located in the building. It provides the students with a wide range of study halls with free wifi access, new computer labs and also hosts many events. The Monastery of Santa Chiara was built in the first half of '600 to give the nobility of Gorizia a women's religious community.
It used to be a large church and now it's occupied by the museum of Santa Chiara. At the end of 700's Joseph II of Austria changed its use and converted it to a center for the process and production of silk. Later on it was turned into a military storage facility.
Due to the First World War, the building was severely damaged and some renovation was necessary. Later on, more renovation was carried out in order to host the Guardia di Finanza.
In 2010 it was restored once again and it became a symbol of the University of Udine in the town of Gorizia. Students can get to the Polo Santa Chiara from via Santa Chiara 1 and from Corso Verdi, on the opposite side of the Post Office building..


Contacts
How to reach us


Images can been viewed on the photo gallery page.

Palazzo Alvarez

Palazzo Alvarez, Polo Goriziano The Unviersity of Udine only occupies part of the Palazzo Alvarez building in the city center of Gorizia. The Student Office, the research laboratories ADLAB@GO, LAREM, ROC, and SASWEB as well as a computer lab. The building was built between 1753 and 1756 thanks to Francesco Alvarez di Menesses with the idea of giving orphan children a place to stay in. It quickly became a symbol in the city of Gorizia. In 1786 it was entrusted to the Fatebenefratelli group by Emperor Giuseppe II in order for them to manage it. In 1863 it became a public hospital. After renovation, it became a military hospital during Word War I and remained a hospital until the Province bought it in the 80’s and renovated it. Today, as well as the University of Udine, it also hosts the Provincial Historic Archive and the Provincial Library. Students can get to the library from via Diaz 5 and from via Nizza.


Contacts
How to reach us


Images can been viewed on the photo gallery page.

Palazzo del Cinema

Palazzo del Cinema, Polo Goriziano The Palazzo del Cinema has been referred to as “A model for Italy (qui.uniud.it). It is a three-story bulding that holds classrooms, a meeting room for students and offices for professors and doctorate researchers. The Cinema Laboratories are also situated in this building.
It hosts a media library and a video library as well. Students can get to the building from Piazza Vittoria which is the same square the Castle of Gorizia looks on to.


Contacts
How to reach us


Images can be seen on the photo gallery page.

Casa Lenassi

Casa Lenassi, Polo goriziano Casa Lenassi represents the Administrative building of the Polifunctional Center of Gorizia. The beautiful 1800 Villa is home to the management, and the Management Offices, the Didactic-Administrative Office, the Accounting Office, the Internship Office, and some of the Professors offices. Casa Lenassi villa was left to the City of Gorizia in order for it to become a “Civil College for Abandoned Children”.
It dates back to mid 1800s and was renovated in 1921, by remodeling the inside and also by adding a brand new area. It has recently been renovated by the City of Gorizia.

Contacts
How to reach us


Images can been viewed on the photo gallery page.