POLO SANTA CHIARA
Polo Santa Chiara hosts the educational activities for the undergraduate and graduate courses offered at CeGo. The Humanistic and Education Library of the University of Udine, SASWEB Lab (Semantic, Adaptive, Social Web Research), Public Relations, Organisation and Communication Laboratory (ROC), and Students Office are located in this building as well. There are study rooms, free Wi-Fi access, and new computer labs; the building hosts many events as well.
The Monastery of Santa Chiara was built in the first half of the 17th century, to establish a female religious community, the Poor Clares. It used to have a large church, that now hosts the Museum of Santa Chiara. At the end of the 18th century, Joseph II of Austria suppressed the order, and converted the monastery into a centre for the processing and production of silk. Later on, it was turned into a military storage facility. Due to the First World War, the building was severely damaged, and in the post-war period it was partially renovated. Afterward, more renovation was carried out in order to host the Finance Police. In 2010, it was restored, and it became the core of the University of Udine in Gorizia.
+39 0481 580 150
+39 0481 580 174
Via Santa Chiara 1, 34170 Gorizia
Monday-Friday 08:00 AM-07:00 PM
From the train station take bus number 2 towards Posta Centrale up to Via Santa Chiara, 10
Students can access the Polo Santa Chiara from via Santa Chiara, 1 and from Corso Verdi, on the opposite side of the Post Office building.
Casa Lenassi represents the Administrative building of Centro Polifunzionale di Gorizia. In this building, there are the Management Offices, the Didactic-Administrative Office, the Internship Office, and some professors’ studios. On the ground floor, there is the Tutoring Office for the BA degree in Public Relations and the MA degree in Integrated Communication for Businesses and Organizations.
The manor, with all its assets, was given to the City of Gorizia, in order to become part of the “Civil College for Abandoned Children”. It dates back to mid 19th century and it was renovated in 1921, by adding a new area and remodeling the internal arrangement. It has recently been renovated by the City of Gorizia.
+39 0481 580 111
Via IX agosto 8, 34170 Gorizia
The users can access according to the following instructions:
- From 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM the main gate of Via IX Agosto will be open;
- From 02:00 AM to 06:30 PM the access will be allowed only from the entrance in Via Maniacco.
The user will find access instructions next to the doorphone and will directly contact the wanted person, professor or technical-administrative staff, who will open the gate by dialing *1* on their phone keyboard.
From the station take bus number 2 towards Posta Centrale up to Via IX Agosto, 11
AUDITORIUM L. FOGAR
The building hosts the Archdiocese of Gorizia. It was built between 1751 and 1752 by pope Benedetto XIV, in order to create an area of vital importance for the European Christians of the time. The concession of spaces by the Archdiocese to the degree courses held at Centro Polifunzionale di Gorizia is an integral part of the agreement between the two institutions in order to promote educational, seminar, and conference activities. Next to the L. Fogar Auditorium, there is the meeting room Padre Antonio Vitale Bommarco. The building also hosts the headquarters of the diocesan weekly La voce Isontina and the Public Library of the Theological Seminary, which boasts many important collections, including manuscripts, photographs, and much more.
Corso Giuseppe Verdi 4, 34170 Gorizia
Classrooms will be opened 30 minutes before the beginning of the classes and remain opened until the end.
From the station take bus number 2 towards Posta Centrale up to Via Santa Chiara, 10